Maxwell was called to the Bar in 2013 and joined Chambers as a tenant in September 2014 upon successful completion of pupillage.
Maxwell appears regularly in proceedings before the High Court (including the Patents Court and general Chancery Division, Court of Appeal, IPEC (including the IPEC small claims track) and the IPO.
In 2015 Maxwell completed a secondment at a leading solicitors’ firm during which he worked on a variety of cases, particularly patent actions in the field of telecommunications.
Maxwell is qualified to accept instructions directly under the Bar’s Public Access scheme.
Maxwell holds a BA in Physics from Wadham College, Oxford University, and an MSc in Physics from University College London.
Patents & SPCs
- InterDigital v Lenovo  EWHC 2152 (Pat) – patent infringement and validity action concerning 4G telecommunications technology.
- Promptu Systems v Sky  EWHC 2021 (Pat) – patent infringement and validity action concerning voice control technology for cable television systems.
- Add2 v dSPACE  EWHC 1630 (Pat) – patent infringement and validity action concerning interface circuits for hardware-in-the-loop simulation.
- Coloplast v Salts  EWHC 3 (Pat) – patent infringement and validity action concerning ostomy devices.
- Conversant Wireless Licensing v Huawei Technologies  EWHC 2549 (Ch) – application for an anti-suit injunction in a patent infringement action concerning mobile telecommunications.
Copyright & Databases
- Reformation v Cruiseco  EWHC 2761 (Ch) – damages inquiry in an action for copyright infringement.
- England and Wales Cricket Board v Tixdaq  EWHC 575 (Ch) – copyright infringement action concerning clips of cricket matches and the fair dealing defence.
- Ifejika v Ifejika  EWHC 3604 (Ch) – strike out application in action for copyright infringement.
Trade marks & Brands
- Sazerac v Liverpool Gin Distillery  EWCA Civ 1207 &  EWHC 2424 (Ch) – trade mark infringement action concerning bourbon whiskey.
- Lifestyle Equities v Amazon  EWHC 118 (Ch) – trade mark infringement action concerning online retail and the concept of targeting.
- Argos Limited v Argos Systems Inc  EWCA Civ 2211 &  EWHC 231 (Ch) – trade mark infringement action concerning online advertising and the concept of targeting.
- The London Taxi Corporation v Frazer-Nash Research  EWCA Civ 1729 – appeal in a trade mark infringement and passing off action concerning the shape of London taxis.
- R (British American Tobacco and others) v Secretary of State for Health  EWHC 1169 (Admin) – judicial review concerning the lawfulness of legislation introducing standardised packaging of tobacco products.
- PulseOn v Garmin  EWHC 47 (Ch) – action for infringement of registered Community designs concerning devices incorporating wrist heart rate monitoring technology.
- Education & awards
- BA, Physics, Wadham College, Oxford
- MSc, Physics, University College London
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BBP College
- Bar Professional Training Course, BPP College
Contact Maxwell Keay's clerks
Whilst barristers have a designated practice management team, all the clerks have the capacity and knowledge to assist in cases involving all counsel.