Chambers is very pleased to announce its success at this year’s Managing IP Awards, winning IP Set of the Year and IP Senior Barrister of the Year. Our barristers were involved in many of the key impact cases last year including Evalve v Edwards Lifesciences, Unwired Planet v Huawei, Shenzhen Senior Technology Material v Celgard, and Optis Cellular Technology v Apple.
The Senior IP Barrister of the Year was involved in several high-profile patent cases in 2020, including the two cases that reached the UK Supreme Court, and acted on behalf of Merck in its trademark infringement action against Merck Sharp & Dohme. James Abrahams QC and Charlotte May QC were also nominated in this category. Isabel Jamal, Jaani Riordan and Ashton Chantrielle were nominated in the Junior IP of the Year category.
Six of our barristers acted in 2 out of the 5 winning impact cases:
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals v Kymab (Michael Tappin QC)
- Unwired Planet International v Huawei Technologies (Daniel Alexander QC, Adrian Speck QC, Andrew Lykiardopoulos QC, Isabel Jamal and Tom Jones)
Seven of our barristers acted in 3 cases nominated in this category:
- Evalve Inc & Ors v Edwards Lifesciences (Richard Meade QC, James Abrahams QC, Michael Conway and Jennifer Dixon)
- Genentech v The Comptroller General of Patents (Andrew Lykiardopoulos QC and Charlotte May QC)
- Shenzhen Senior Technology Material Co v Celgard (James Abrahams QC)