During pupillage, Beth has been involved in matters before the UKIPO, IPEC, High Court and Court of Appeal.
Beth sat with Mark Chacksfield, Ashton Chantrielle, Henry Ward, James St Ville, Jessie Bowhill, Charlotte May QC and James Abrahams QC.
Patents & SPCs
- Parainan Pearl Shipping v KGJS  EWHC 2628 (Pat): assisted James Abrahams QC and Kathryn Pickard of 11 South Square in this action concerning patent exhaustion and the make or repair test.
- Cantel Medical v Arc EWHC 345 (Pat): assisted Daniel Alexander QC and Henry Ward in this complex patent, registered and unregistered design rights trial for a medical device.
- Howarth Air Technology v Medical Air Technology: assisted Mark Chacksfield in the early stages of this litigation, including the drafting of the defence and preparation for the CMC.
- Liqwd v L’Oreal EWHC 1394 (Pat): assisted Mark Chacksfield with the early stages of this litigation, including identifying an expert and reviewing the expert report.
- Opposition to EP 2,751,355: prepared for and attended the EPO Opposition in the Hague with James St Ville, opposing a patent for a roof window with a top sash.
Copyright & databases
- Moylett v Geldof: assisted Jessie Bowhill in preparing for the trial which was listed for 15 days and concerned ownership of the copyright in the hit song “I Don’t Like Mondays”.
- Martin v Kogan  EWHC 2927 (IPEC): assisted Ashton Chantrielle and Simon Malynicz QC in this trial about the authorship of the film Florence Foster Jenkins. The key issues included a question of the threshold of joint authorship in copyright cases.
- Drafted Particulars of Claim for a newspaper in relation to breach of copyright in a video by another newspaper group.
Trade marks & brands
- Walton v Verweij  EWHC 1608 (Ch): assisted Charlotte May QC and Jaani Riordan in trial concerning genuine use and targeting of trade marks.
- Cartier International v British Telecoms & Ors UKSC 28: assisted Charlotte May QC and Jaani Riordan with preparation for submissions to the Supreme Court.
- Discovery Yachts v Sunchalk: worked on the preparation of skeletons for the CMC and Security for Costs Applications, and assisted with general case management and strategy.
- Worked on a multimillion-pound worldwide freezing injunction and search order in relation to counterfeit goods.
- Madine v Phillips EWHC 3268 (IPEC): assisted in this trial in relation to design rights in a wedding dress as featured in My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.
- Education & awards
- BA (Hons), History and Politics, Mansfield College Oxford (2014)
- Lord Denning Scholarship Award
- Accommodation Award Lincoln’s Inn
- Hardwicke Entrance Scholarship
- BPP Law School Pro Bono Award
- Professional memberships
- Hobbies & interests
Beth enjoys coxing and playing squash.
Contact Beth Collett's clerks
Whilst barristers have a designated practice management team, all the clerks have the capacity and knowledge to assist in cases involving all counsel.